Saturday, February 16, 2008

My cell phone is inactive

My cell officially stopped working yesterday. This is a good sign. Sprint actually followed through and ended our contract on the day we agreed upon. Tomorrow I am possibly getting a cell phone. I feel like it might be a waste to buy it now since I would just leave it here while I'm in Mexico. It would be one week in Michigan without a phone and if I have an emergency- my car has OnStar so I could just use that if I had to. But then I might not have time to go get a phone after the trip because the weekend after we have things planned all three days. hmmm...
Matt went out to get traveler's cheques for Mexico just now. We're going to pay mostly with pesos after we exchange cash, but it's nice to have the cheques in case anything gets stolen and we can cancel them and recover the cash. My parents said that using a credit card is the last resort because they charge a 3% service charge every time you use it. So we're only going to use it (hopefully) when we check out and pay for the room charges. The room is already paid for with the timeshare fees.
Tonight we're having our own pseudo V-day by going out to Kona Grill. I eventually want to try everything on the menu, which could take years because it's pretty extensive. With our anniversary so close to V-day we don't really celebrate Valentine's. Matt unexpectedly bought be a card and placed it where my keys are so I saw it before I went to work on Thursday. How sweet! I think on our actual anniversary, which will take place in Mexico coincidentally, we are going to go out to a nice mexican meal! Other activities we want to try are a tequila tour (apparently this is the only area in the world where tequila is made), ziplining/canopy tour, and possibly a day cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment