Monday, July 23, 2007

Full Weekend

We made a trip to Ann Arbor on Friday evening. We saw Keira, our new niece, and then went to Argerio's for a late dinner. I have made my favorite dish, tortellini alfredo, at home many times after getting the official recipe from a former Argerio's chef. I hadn't had the actual thing in a while. I think mine tastes almost identical except that my sauce isn't as thick.
We stayed at the Herstein house. Matt's parents had recently come home from Japan and told us of their very interesting trip. I have been to Japan for a better part of the day (I think we had a long layover on our way home from India). All I had seen was downtown Tokyo, the airport, and ate at a McDonalds. Matt's parents had been all around and I wouldn't mind going back someday and really touring the country.
At 10am, the Ann Arbor Art Fair started for the day. The weather was really nice. Usually the weather is super hot and it's such a chore to walk around to each booth. On Saturday, it was in the 70's and partly cloudy. We seriously considered buying a print of a cool symphony where the people were personified as instruments. We ended up not buying it because we didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that might not work with the room/size. The artist is based in Chicago and Matt and I are taking a weekend trip there in August, so who knows?
We drove home Saturday afternoon and were happy to see the 7th Harry Potter book waiting for us on our porch! Matt started reading it but had to finish it Sunday because we had plans to go to the Tigers game that evening.
We met up with Becky and her fiancee Kevin. The Tigers and Royals ended up tying in the 9th and we managed to win in the 10th inning! It was a really good game because it was close the whole time, which is more interesting to watch. Afterwards, we went to Hockeytown Cafe. Our waitress hated life so the service was pretty bad. But we had really good seats and were able to see the firework display over Comerica Park. Becky and Kevin both went to Central, but they are big Michigan football fans so I'm sure we'll be getting together more often in the future.
As said earlier, Matt finished the 7th Harry Potter book and I will probably get around to it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment