Saturday, June 30, 2007

No Free Time

I'm really glad it is the weekend. Summer school has been taking up all of my time. I teach the same class 4 hours a day. While the students are really good (most of them are taking it for advanced credit, I only have 3 retakers), it is a lot to plan since I teach 1-2 chapters a day. I haven't taught this class yet so I don't have any previous notes. I basically write up notes, figure out worksheets, type up quizzes/tests, every day, not to mention correcting every night. Luckily I am ahead of schedule and I'm going to try and write up this whole week's worth of notes today. We'll see how far I get!
I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 interviews. One definitely told me they would get back to me next Tuesday. The other one said by Friday but I haven't heard anything. This makes me worry :(

I hope things settle down in time for my favorite holiday, July 4th! We are planning to meet up with Kacie and some other people on July 3rd and possibly doing an early dinner with Marisa and Jake on the 4th. If anyone is having a bbq, please invite me, I haven't been to one in ages!!

I am getting a haircut this afternoon. I am still trying to figure out a style instead of my usual layered shoulder-length cut that I get every summer. I really like Katie Holmes' new haircut, but I'm sure if I get it, I won't look glamourous; I'll probably look like I'm 5.

Lastly, Matt and I are looking into ideas for a post-Christmas vacation. We had to take a several weekend vacations for various events the past 6 months, but we want to do a 5 day vacation, and preferably somewhere beachy/warm. Right now we're looking into the Florida Keys or my fam's timeshare in Puerta Vallarta. We both haven't been to either place.

No comments:

Post a Comment