Friday, February 2, 2007

Groundhog's Day, Skiing and other Random Thoughts

Happy Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today so according to the myth, spring is around the corner. In hopes that the rodent is right, I changed my userpic to reflect the upcoming seasonal change.

In non-spring related news, Matt and I finally used our skis up north last weekend. We had really great conditions because it had snowed the last few days and during our stay so the powder was soft and not choppy like fake snow. My lesson went well, although I still am slow coming down the mountain. I think with more practice, I'll improve.
So I thought I had the camera set and nope, didn't take.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There we go- Matt and I with our awesome skis outside the condo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It seems that our city of Troy made national news because of Hooters! I agree that Hooters makes our city look classless, but I do feel it may be hard to argue this in court without being discriminatory. But after reading stupid McNeil ripping Troy, I totally am against Hooters now. grrrrr.

On a happy note, I tried yoga for the first time today. It was pretty hard to do a lot of the moves, but as the hour went on, it became easier. I think it'll help build and tone my arm muscles. And afterwards, I felt really relaxed. After a massage, I feel relaxed because my muscles are loosened, but after yoga, I felt relaxed in terms of breathing. My lungs seemed to have twice the air capacity it had before and throughout the entire class and even now, I am not worrying about upcoming things, and I worry a LOT. I believe this Friday class is a keeper.

Tomorrow, we're meeting with our realtor to put an offer in on a house, woo hoo! Have a good weekend and go Colts AND Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment