Monday, February 5, 2007
Reena and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad....morning
You're probably wondering why I'm blogging so early. Well that's because my day has already been very eventful, but not in a good way. I'm ready to leave at 7 when my car doesn't start. I didn't think much of it, because when the temperature drops real fast, my battery is zapped. I have run multiple battery tests on my car and have also checked if the Saturn has had a recall on this problem, but to no avail. My battery always tests out fine and it's something that happens about 2-3 times a year, so it's no big deal, except on those 2 or 3 days! Instead of needing a jumper cable, if I wait about 15 minutes, it'll start. But, when you're a teacher, being late to a class is not an option! Our elevator wasn't working (g-reat) and I was wearing heels today so I decided just to wait out the 15 minutes in my car instead of walking up 10 flights of stairs back to my apartment. I'm calling the school to let them know I'm going to be late, and hoping they have a sub on prep 1st hour to stick in my classroom for a few minutes. I cannot get through and the office just rings and rings. I'm freeeeezing at this point and decide to leave a message with one of the assistant principals because at least it goes to voicemail and someone will have contact from me. Finally my car starts and it's making sounds like it is really upset it has to run at all. I can't turn the knob to defrost b/c the knob is frozen! (I park in a structure so luckily I never have to wipe off my car.) My car is not going above 15mph and I'm hoping it warms up by the time I get out of our complex because Big Beaver Road is filled with maniacal drivers just dying to get to work. I make it to Big Beaver, all the while still trying to call the main office. I get through miraculously and a man answers. I tell him my car didn't start and now it's fine but I'm going to be late. He then tells me that school is closed today and "it's all over the news." I'm glad because I don't want to show up late, but my happiness ends there. Um...I don't watch the news in the morning. I have to get up early enough to get to school, why would I waste time watching TV? I say thank you and hang up. I have to make a michigan left, twice, to get home, and the traffic is insane because there are stalled cars all over. I'm pissed because I went through so much trouble getting my car started, while freezing, for nothing. AND I don't get paid today since I'm technically a permanent sub. grrrr. When I walk upstairs to my apartment, I turn the TV on and sure enough EVERY district is closed. And apparently I was waiting in -20 wind chill weather. And it's not even 7:30, wow. I'm hoping the rest of my day is very boring and uneventful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment