I hung out with Courtney last Saturday. We watched some TV, but then decided to go out to Live. I had been once before for Halloween, but I was under the weather that day. This time it was actually fun because I felt 1000x better.
Today I joined Bally's for a year membership. Our apt complex has a mini gym, but I really joined to take advantage of the unlimited classes. I want to try yoga and pilates because I want to get in better shape. I shopped around for prices on yoga and pilates classes and getting a gym membership was much cheaper than going to a place like YogaFit and paying for yoga and pilates separately. They also have a spinning class (biking) that I used to enjoy in grad school. I will report back on classes once I go. Bally's had a 3 year membership, but I was hesitant on making that committment and the price came out to be only $20 cheaper per year.
This weekend Matt and I are going up north to Gaylord to try our new skis. I've been rusty on skis ever since I stopped taking lessons when I was young. I mean I mastered the parallel slalom (as opposed to stopping in a wedge), but I'm really slow and it takes a while for me to stop once I'm going fast. Therefore, I'm going to sign up for a lesson while I'm there. The lessons are one-on-one, which is different from when I took lessons at Mt. Holly where there were about 10 in a class. Hopefully I'll improve a little this weekend.
This article is ridiculous. I love how it says how "future generations will realise (sic) he was right." Riiight.
No comments:
Post a Comment