Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Starting to look for houses! And random interesting news.

It's my dad's b-day today! Happy Birthday Dad! We're celebrating at Kruse & Muer tonight :)

Matt and I started looking for houses a few days ago! Our lease ends in 6 months so we have plenty of time to look around and find a place that we both love. We've been getting lots of advice, which is alway nice because we have no idea what we're doing! Because I'm still subbing, we're looking at cities that are close to Matt's firm as well as the main school districts I am applying to.
Janette, Dan and Morgan also paid us a visit to T-town a few days ago. We went to Bahama Breeze and I tried a drink called Madras that I liked. I asked for the drink without ice and the waiter looked at me like I had three heads! Afterwards we came home and hung out. It's always nice having visitors!
I thought this article was weird. I wonder if Pluto is going to be downgraded from a planet to just an "orbiting body." And apparently there is a celestial body beyond Pluto that is orbiting the sun that is "more like a planet."
Also, CNN announced that Hispanics have become the largest minority (sounds like an oxymoron) in the United States. They make up 14.5% of the population while African Americans make up around 13%. And in California, Texas, Hawaii, DC, and New Mexico, Whites are a minority. While I do think this is interesting info, I don't know what the fuss and worrying is about. Native Americans used to be the majority, then Whites, then who knows? It's a changing world...
This weekend is the Woodward Dream Cruise. I suggest if you're not planning on going to it, that you stay AWAY from metro detroit. About 1.5 million people attend and it's a mess if you're just trying to pass through. Hmm...maybe Matt and I should leave town and go to AA this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment