I've had an eventful week. I went to the Bloomfield Orientation Workshop on Tuesday and LOVED it. The district treats their faculty very well and I met a few people who I hope to stay in touch with. We were trained on district policies and had really great speakers. They even handed out gifts to the subs that had been in the system for 10-20 years. Wow!
I am also subbing at Troy, Royal Oak, and Berkley so I have been running around. It's hard to stay on top of things when I technically have four jobs. I'm still hoping to find a permanent job in the next few weeks though. Keep your fingers crossed.
Besides my personal life, there have been some national newsworthy events that I feel I want to address. You know I'm going to address Senator Allen's derogatory comments to a UVA student. If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the video, also located on the link, since it's the actual story and not just based on the aftermath. I'm not going to bash political parties here, but hopefully this Senator is NOT reelected. I would hope Americans, no matter where you live or what you believe, do not want to put a racist person in office. I like how his apology isn't an apology at all. Instead of placing the blame on himself, he blames the student for being offended. The last time I checked, calling someone a monkey and assuming a person isn't American because he isn't white/black is offensive. You can give him your two cents here because Senators love to here from the people. Here is a video of The Daily Show mocking it.
I was also informed (by Mona) that Pluto was downgraded from its planet status to a dwarf. Sorry Pluto, maybe if you bulk up and straighten out, you can be reconsidered. I think it's funny when the article tells readers "not to be disappointed" and to "look on the bright side." I'm definitely not depressed by the news. And it looks like the science books have to be changed because of the conference in Prague, where the term planet was officially defined. I have a feeling it's going to be a while before the texts change...
Tomorrow, Matt and I are hanging out with Erin, Marc and friends in Royal Oak. It's been a while since I've seen them because med school keeps Erin busy!
Also, it will be 6 months of marriage for Matt and I tomorrow! In honor of this, we're going to get the top tier of our wedding cake on Saturday to celebrate. Usually you wait a year, but we were given 2 gift certificates so we'll still have one to use 6 months from now. Yessss
No comments:
Post a Comment