Today was a really relaxing day for the first time since the wedding it seems. We went out to lunch at Maggiano's to celebrate Sabrina's birthday as well as my dad's retirement. It is so weird that my dad is retired, but he was counting down the days to my wedding so he could do it. And he got a really great package with GM since they're having all these buy outs. His retirement party will be on Tuesday in his former office. After lunch and picking out pictures, Matt and I looked at each other and realized we didn't have anything to do! We finished "chores" and everything else. It was a REALLY GOOD feeling.
I started a free one-month trial with Blockbuster. There are all these movies I have wanted to see in the past few years. Because Matt works long hours and subbing leaves me extra time since I don't have to make lesson plans, etc. I thought this was a good way to knock some movies off my list. Matt added "Saw" to the list, which I have no interest in seeing. But I'm sure he has no interest in seeing Elizabethtown.

Oh and I finally bought DaVinci Code. I was waiting for it to come out on paperback because I don't like hardcover books. It took FOREVER. Apparently the book has sold over 40 million already, so I guess I would keep selling the overpriced hardcover books if people were still buying it! Anyway, I'm going to start reading that in time for the movie, which is supposed to come out in the next month or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment