Today I'm picking up some recommendation letters from profs. Then I can finally send in my applications for substitute teaching. Some don't require the letters so those have already been sent in. One of the districts basically said I just have to come in and fill out forms, and they can put me into the system within a few days. Since I can't really work until May, I'll have to do that when I get back if the other places don't pan out. Some districts, like Ann Arbor, have over a HUNDRED people on their waiting lists. I'm not sure if I should sign up or even if I can sign up! That's a little discouraging.
These past few days I have been getting a lot of sleep and I felt very rested and energized throughout the day. However, that backfired because this morning I woke up around 5:30am and was not tired at all. I guess getting too much sleep is also a bad idea.
Tonight, Matt and I are going to an art gallery exhibit opening. We have to be kind of dressed up, and besides looking at art, there will be refreshments/cash bar, and mingling. Very New York sounding :)
No comments:
Post a Comment