Sunday, March 13, 2005

Royal Oak aka RO town

I just finished a good chunk of my intro for a paper I'm trying to finish over break. It's supposed to be 10 pages so I guess I'm 10% done, haha. I figured I would do a ton over the week when my parents and brother are at work/school.
Yesterday Heather, Steph, Courtney, and I played euchre. It was nice to just relax and hang out with them after so long. I must have talked a TON throughout the day with my family and later with my friends because my voice started leaving me for a while, which has never happened to me without yelling or being sick. It came back an hour later so it wasn't too bad. After euchre playing, Steph, Courtney, and I went to Woody's in Royal Oak (which happens to be my birthplace like everyone else in the burbs, sup). I had a really good time and cover was only $2. Coat check was more expensive than cover, who does that? We paid for it anyway, because there was no where to put our coats where they would be safe. Since Heather drove us to the bar, we called a cab to get back afterwards. The cab companies around me, non-college town cabbies, definitely don't work the same way as Ann Arbor. When we called the company it was busy forever, and when we finally got through, the answering machine asked us to leave a message! I wonder if you have to secure a cab in advance?? Luckily Courtney knew someone at the bar and we got a ride home. Phew!
Today I went to Coney Island for lunch and they ran out of spinach pie!!! I was craving that so badly, but I ended up getting a boring coney dog. Oh well.
Our whole family had to help clean the basement a little this afternoon. After a few hours we barely made a dent. I can't believe how much junk we have. We have our Halloween costumes from years ago and old toys, etc. Why did we keep this stuff??
Tonight I'm going to OnDemand it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment