Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Yay for the 4th of July- my favorite holiday! I woke up with mild contractions and they ended up going away by the afternoon. We went over to my parents' house for July 4th festivities. My dad grilled lamburgers (yes lamb) and chicken burgers and we had several side dishes, including my dad's famous corn on the cob, which Matt is a huge fan of. I made a 4th of July "stars and stripes" cake and potato salad to add to the smorgasbord of food! Usually, I like going to the lake or a pool and getting together with friends, but this year it was much better hanging out with my parents and brother.

Last night my contractions picked up and are still going. They are getting QUITE painful and 8-10 mins apart. I called my doctor and she said that I should wait at home and go in when they are 3-5 minutes apart or my water breaks. It can take a few hours up to a few days! Matt and I are going to keep busy today and walk around downtown RO, walk around one of the parks, and see a movie - not necessarily in that order! I am not getting my hopes up just in case these contractions disappear too.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Independence Day. Happy Birthday America!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hopefully Baby H comes soon so you don't have to be induced! Enjoy your day walking around RO!

    ReplyDelete