Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Nursery

We have a lot to do before the nursery will be complete. I have an idea of what I want it to look like and can't wait for it to be done! We first have to install new windows because the baby room is a bit drafty. After that, we are hoping to get this crib. It is from Babi Italia and is absolutely gorgeous!

I found a dresser/changing table at JCPenney in the same espresso color and we're going to keep the bookshelf that is already in the room.

The "subtle" theme is going to be teddy bears and starry skies. I know they don't usually go together, but the picture to the right was my inspiration.
I want the room to feel so comfortable and safe that the baby will just lull himself to sleep (haha!).

We sat in the most amazing rocker/glider at Babies R Us and it felt like heaven. That will be our splurge buy because Matt pointed out that we will probably spend a lot of time in that chair and it has to be comfortable enough to put both the baby and us to sleep throughout the day/night.

I bought the teddy bear bedding yesterday since it is discontinued and will be taken off my registry soon. It is by Kidsline and called B is for Bear.



It sounds like everything is coming together, but in actuality we only have the bookshelf and bedding. We don't have anything else! I hit 6 months today, 4 more months (yes 4, gestation is 40 weeks not 9 months!) and hopefully, come June, I can post a picture of a finished nursery.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree on splurging on the gilder. For rocking, feeding, etc. you will definitely want it to be comfortable. You might even want to buy it slightly early, because it's nice to rock in a comfortable chair near the end of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed you commented on the day you gave birth! We are excited to meet Anya!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds like a good idea. I already feel like normal chairs are uncomfortable after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Reena! I love the Teddy Bear/starry night theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedding is so adorable! Don't cribs look so comfy. Sometimes, I think that I want to crawl in Matthew's crib and take a nap =)

    ReplyDelete