Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday

Matt took me out to Opus One for an upscale birthday dinner. I ordered the Bibb salad with Roquefort Dressing, which was one of the best dressings I've ever had! For my entree I went with the seared scallops while Matt had the Shrimp Helene. At the end of the meal I was presented with a birthday dessert complete with a lit candle! Opus One proved they were one of Detroit's finest with amazing food, beautiful presentation (I wish I could have taken a picture of my entree!), and superb service. It is rather pricey, but if you have a chance to go I highly recommend it!

I pooled the money I got from both sets of parents and bought a much-needed pea coat. I've had a navy blue pea coat since 11th grade that has lasted almost 10 years, but needs some repair. I thought it was time to buy a new one that will hopefully last another 10 years. I bought it in black.

Matt bought me a canon camera in brown (from my amazon wishlist) and I will take it to Japan along with my new coat!

I got a bunch of cards and well wishes on my facebook wall. That was very thoughtful of everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment