Sunday, April 6, 2008

What's in your wallet?

I finally did it- I bought a travel rewards credit card! I ditched the idea of an American Express card. The rewards were fine and the card picture was nice, but I found a better rewards card with a not-so-great picture. I tried the capital one credit card lab to pick a different picture and I couldn't get the rewards I wanted. I figured I should pick the card with the better rewards than the better picture. Also I know that Visa is more widely accepted around the world. Here is my new card:



What's nice about this card is I get double miles on travel and entertainment purchases and 1.25 miles for every other purchase. Most of the other cards are just 1 to 1. These miles never expire and I can also trade them in for cash back or other types of rewards, which is a nice option if I don't use miles anytime soon. Before making my decision, I was debating on getting a citi visa premier pass card. I loved how you could double dip on points for miles traveled in addition to purchases. But I couldn't get cash back and I have to use my miles within 3 years. I didn't like that restriction. In 7-10 days I can start using my card when it arrives! I am still going to forward the capital one commercials on tv- they are so annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment