UM came out with a study that links the amount of housework you do and whether you are single or married. Luckily for men getting married, the amount of housework decreases by a half hour. Unfortunately for myself and all other married women, the housework increases by an average of 7 hours! I certainly don't feel like I'm doing 7 more hours of housework a week. But maybe I am and don't realize it because cooking,cleaning, etc is just a part of my routine now.
The good thing is that historically men are doing more housework every decade as women's and men's roles are more blended. I do cook dinner and do the shopping, but Matt always helps out with laundry and dishes.
I got a haircut today, well more like a trim. The length now is where I think it is at its best, which is just below the shoulders. For Erin's wedding, I showed my stylist a picture of how I want my hair. She kept the picture and she pretty much will make it look exactly like that. She is amazing that way. For my wedding I brought in a picture of how I wanted it, knowing it was not going to be perfect. Somehow she worked her magic and my hair was identical to the magazine. She's a keeper!
I am off to my book club. We read "self made man" this month. I was not a huge fan. Everyone is bringing in manly food as the theme so I need to stop by KFC to get a bucket of chicken! Hopefully all the food there won't be fried and fatty like my dish!
No comments:
Post a Comment