Sunday, March 2, 2008

Puerto Vallarta Trip Part 2

Monday Continued...

For our anniversary dinner we had the concierge make reservations at Barcelona. It has Spanish food as opposed to Mexican food. They had really good tapas and sangria. We found this place highly reviewed on Fodor's and other online sites. The view alone makes up for the 70+ stairs you have to climb to get to the third story. We had scallops, a veggie omelet, goat cheese, and spicy potatoes. We made it a point to come here before sunset so we could watch it go down over the ocean. Here are a few photos:

Photobucket

This picture doesn't show how the ocean seems to go on forever. Also it was really cool to look down and people watch. We could also see a few points of interest that we had just walked to such as the church and malecon.

Photobucket

This anniversary is going to be hard to top!

When we got back to the hotel we soaked in the hot tub at our resort. We did this a few nights in a row and every time we did, we met new couples and people from around the US and Canada.



Tuesday- We hung out by the pool today. I had to get a mango margarita, but I don't think it was as good as Matt's on Sunday. I started reading my Book Club book "Into the Wild". I wore a beautiful straw hat that I bought earlier in the week. I felt like I was in a classic movie with classic fashion. Nice!

One of the pools at the Sheraton. This is the view looking down from our balcony and the pool that we usually hung out at.
Photobucket

We had lunch in the room and then went to the massage cabana on the beach for a couples massage. The massage was one of the best I've had; we had an all-body relaxing massage. They did our heads all the way down to our feet. I think the weather, the ocean breezes and just being relaxed to begin with helped make the massage great.

The cabana
Photobucket

For dinner, we went down the street to El Andriego. It was our first chance at authentic Mexican food. The atmosphere was great. The best part about that atmosphere was the singer who strummed his guitar and sang American oldies in Spanish like Sweet Caroline and Margaritaville. It was funny when people sang along but in English. A few times the singer would forget the words and just hum the tune! Our hotel gave us a free appetizer coupon when we asked them for directions!

Photobucket

Photobucket

A mariachi band came by later and surrounded our table because we were near the entryway. It was funny at first but luckily as it started to get annoying (and as they were asking for tips) they decided to move to other tables and surrounded another family instead! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment