Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Frequent Flyer

With all of our Japan planning, I am more interested in getting a frequent flyer credit card now. I have been toying with the idea for a while and after buying our tickets to Mexico, I realized that the cost of flights is just going to get worse. With all the traveling Matt and I want to do, I might as well earn points while I'm shopping! Right now I have a Disney card. I think I am going to keep this one at home for online purchases and have the new card in my wallet as my main card. In order to keep my credit score high, it would be unwise to cancel the Disney card. I am going to keep it at least until enough credit has been built up on the new one or maybe I'll just keep it as my second credit card.
There are two different types of credit cards that earn miles. There are the cards specific to an airline and there are cards that earn points that can then be turned into miles at an airline of my choosing. I am leaning toward the latter because we do not always fly a particular airline. I really like the American Express card- it is so pretty! The Chase Visa does not look nice but would be a good choice because I do most of my business with them. Decisions Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment