Sunday, January 20, 2008

Going to Ann Arbor, possibly getting sick

Matt and I stopped by Ann Arbor last night. Matt went to the Michigan basketball game with a few friends while I had dinner with Ashwin and then hung out with Steph for a little while. Ashwin and I went to Vinology on Main Street. It's a tapas restaurant, although they have entrees too, that specializes in having tons of different wines. I tried an Australian Red Zinfandel. It was pretty good but obviously overpriced. A glass costs half the amount of what you can buy the bottle for.
Afterwards I hung out with Steph and Rey. It was Rey's friend's bday so I tagged along and went to the Arena to hang out with their friends. I have never been to Arena but it's pretty much a sportsbar. I tried to find Matt on the jumbo screen showing the MI game but they only show the student section side. Matt came and joined us after the game and then we drove back to RO.
It is ridiculously cold here. The wind chill has been in minus degrees since last night (for the Packer's home game tonight, the temp is supposed to be -14 wind chill so I guess I should feel somewhat lucky we don't have it as bad). I am not going outside at all today.
I might have picked up Matt's cold. I am feeling the beginning effects of it with a sore throat and it's kind of uncomfortable to swallow. This is when I start taking medicine so it'll go away before it's full blown. Hopefully it works!
In good news, I finally bought our airfare to Puerto Vallarta. I've been checking online fares the past 2 months and it finally dipped to the highest I would pay for tickets. I bought them right away, which is a good thing because that evening the fares went back up. As soon as we bank our disney points I am going to switch credit cards to acquire frequent flier miles. Airfare is getting to be such a pain with higher regulations and oil prices.

I miss having MLK day off. I have to go to work tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment