Saturday, July 22, 2006

Concert

Recap of Concert at DTE Pine Knob:
Yesterday, Matt and I went to the Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert. I actually was able to find the set lists for both bands and they basically played off the lists in the exact order. I had seen Goo Goo Dolls before about 7 years ago. I was wondering if there would be many people there since both bands are kind of washed up. Apparently, it was sold out and there are still a ton of fans. I remember seeing John Mellencamp last year and the good thing about seeing semi-retired bands is that they always play their #1 hits so there are several songs that EVERYONE loves. I have been to many a concert at Pine Knob so Matt and I got there at the perfect time, found a great spot on the lawn and because we knew the set list, we left after all the good songs had been played (mainly we wanted to beat traffic). Pine Knob has stupid rules on what you can bring into the venue. You can bring food, but no bottled water, even if it's sealed. Cameras are not allowed, but it seemed like camera phones were totally fine. Also lawn chairs are fine, but they must be less than 25in high. Geez, they are so anal.
Anyways, the weather was not too hot and not too cool, and we had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment