Monday, January 2, 2006

My 2005-2006 break

In the last few weeks, we celebrated Matt's birthday, Christmas, and New Year's! For Matt's birthday, I took him out to Melting Pot. We randomly went while we were in Nebraska and didn't realize they were a national chain, and that one of them was located across the street from us! If you haven't been there, it is a fun experience. We had cheese fondue for an appetizer, an entree fondue consisting of cooking our meat and vegetables in an oil fondue (kind of like frying, but not as unhealthy), and then had a chocolate fondue for dessert. Going for dessert alone is worth it!
Christmas was great, not a whole lot to say about that.
For New Year's, Matt and I went to Blue Nile with Erin and Marc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one is in Ferndale, so it's a closer location to us than Ann Arbor. Afterwards a bunch of us played games and watched the ball drop. It was really sad to see Dick Clark struggling on TV. He was having such a hard time speaking that I couldn't bare to watch and had to switch channels. Poor Dick, I thought he was immortal!

I had a nice,relaxing break, and I am sad to see it end. I have to start working tomorrow because I have a long-term subbing position until the end of January. At least I can get paid while I'm trying to find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment