Friday, October 7, 2005

Survey

10 years ago I was:
* 13
* A freshman at Troy High
* A bridesmaid in Sabrina's wedding

5 years ago I was:
* 18
* Start to date Matthew in January :)
* Living at ADPi with Kacie in the fall and External Social Chair
* Voting in my first Presidential Election

1 year ago I was:
* In Nebraska
* Proposed to
* In my first semester of student teaching at Scott Middle School
* Congratulating Ashwin for getting into UM, making it 3/3 out of us siblings to go.

Yesterday I:
* Attended parent-teacher conferences for the first time
* Corrected 3 sets of quizzes and 5 sets of homework
* Ordered in from Cruz and Muer, yum!
* Worked 15 hours and went right to bed afterwards

5 snacks I enjoy:
* chips and salsa
* chips and feta dip
* chips and 7-bean dip...spinach dip, etc.
* plain rice cakes and melted cheese
* rice and veggies

5 songs I know all the words to:
Um a ton, but recently:
* You and Me- Lifehouse
* Collide- Howie Day
* Catch My Disease- Ben Lee
* At the Stars- Better than Ezra
* Anything Alanis or Britney Spears

Webster's Dictionary added "new" words to the most recent edition such as chick flick, and brain freeze. The problem is that by the time some slang is added, it isn't slang and no one uses the expression anymore. I remember when bootylicious was added a few years ago and I don't remember anyone saying that in regular speech.
Some interesting ones that have been added are cybrarian "a person who finds, collects, and manages information available on the Internet" and steganography, the "art or practice of concealing a message, image, or file within another message, image, or file."

This weekend is hopefully not too hectic. I'm hoping I get to go on an ice cream run on Sunday for some mackinac island fudge, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment