Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The extraction wasn't as bad as I though it would be

I got my wisdom teeth out. I was super nervous about it because I've heard stories and it is surgery. Because I chose sedation instead of local anesthesia I was hooked up to a few monitors. My pulse was beeping out of control because of the nerves. It did not sound as slow as those TV shows where you hear the beeps in the background!
The doctor came in and gave me GA (general anesthesia) through my arm. At first I asked him, "when am I going to feel drowsy?" He said pretty soon. Then I said "I'm feeeeling drooooowwwwsssy" and the next thing I knew i was done and they were taking me to the recovery room. I don't know why I was so nervous, it was a really cool feeling and I think the nurse even laughed at me while I was trying to say some words. I probably seemed drunk! I laughed too because I knew I sounded pretty incoherent! Anyway, I came home and slept for a while. Matt came to comfort me, which was super nice because my mom needed to take my relatives to the airport and I was home alone until my brother came home from school and then left again. haha
Anyway, I don't have the "chipmunk" look like I thought I would. My recovery is going pretty smoothly; I was able to walk around right away and I start eating noodles for dinner. My gums are pretty sore from the opening up and stitching back up part, and I definitely can't eat harder food!
Although I look like death in the following picture from the pain medication and drowsiness side effects I don't think my cheeks look too puffy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment