Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer Recap

Tomorrow is September! I haven't blogged for two months! Here's a recap...

Sean's birthday was celebrated at my parents' house. Since Brad's 1st birthday was a big one, we kept Sean's small. I brought a picture of Caillou in to Kroger and they were able to replicate it onto a sheet cake. Caillou is one of Sean's favorite cartoon characters on PBS/Sprout. He has occupied a lot of Sean's time when I need to put Bradley down for a nap!

Sean's 3 year old check up was super easy. There were no shots; there was just a finger prick to check lead levels. Afterwards, I took Sean to get a dessert and he was pretty happy about that! Sean gets easier and easier as he gets older and he wasn't that hard to begin with!

Life at the new house has been great. We are pretty adjusted; we know where the local eats, shopping, and kids stuff is. I find myself going back to stores near Royal Oak because I know the area, but have been keeping that to a minimum since it does take longer and wastes more gas!

These past few weeks we did have a sick house with the kids and Matt getting the stomach flu and then the kids getting colds. This continued through our long weekend up north in mid-August where Sean had to be taken to urgent care. We found out that he had a double ear infection and had to get some meds for him. We went to the ENT when we came back to Bloomfield, since Sean has been having recurrent ear infections, and in 6 weeks we find out if he needs tubes or not.

Mom and Bradley at Elk Park, up north

For the most part, we have been having fun outside at the zoo, waterpark, parks, etc to take advantage of the great weather. Bradley loves playing with Sean and following him around. It's so cute to see the brotherly love develop.

 Sean pushing Brad at Howarth Park


Sean at the Troy Aquatic Center


No comments:

Post a Comment