I have met many moms through Beaumont's parenting program. It is really nice to develop friendships with women who have babies the same age. We meet up all the time for play groups and classes. It's a whole culture that I didn't know existed.
Matt and I always comment on how our lives are so different with a baby. We are still new at this and remember how it used to be as newlyweds. We never worried how late we were out and we always slept in on the weekends. There weren't many chores besides cooking and laundry. Our house was always clean.
It's such a selfless job to be a parent. If my baby needs me, I could care less if I'm hungry or tired, knowing that my needs can wait. I drive more cautiously with my precious cargo in the backseat. I sympathize with parents when their babies cry in public places instead of getting annoyed.
Although we are home by 7pm, cannot sleep in and have endless piles of laundry, I would not trade my life for anything. I have everything I've wanted- a wonderful husband, a beautiful baby boy, and a home to snuggle with both of them.
So true! There is a quote that I read 'Being a mother is the hardest job in the world if you are doing it right.' :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great quote! I will remember that.
ReplyDeleteI second all of those feelings!
ReplyDelete