Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Really?

I have noticed that everyone asks me the same questions over and over again. How are you feeling? When are you due? Is it a boy or girl? I don't mind these questions but it is funny how these are the prereq questions before we can start talking "normally". These don't compare with all the words that can piss off even the most patient expecting mom such as "Should you eat that?" or "You don't look pregnant from behind". I am usually a healthy eater, but there are times when I will want chocolate, ice cream or pop. I can't eat fruit and vegetables all the time! And I know I don't look pregnant from behind, my uterus is in front! I'm just not sure that's a compliment.



The Real reason why people smile at me!

3 comments:

  1. It does get tiring to answer the same questions over and over. I get especially sick of the "How are you feeling?" because I always feel fine. I also get, "You're still so tiny!" a lot. I don't really know how to respond to that one. It always makes me feel a little weird, because I have gained plenty of weight. You're pretty small, too, so you'll have to let me know if people start saying anything like that to you when you get closer to the due date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already getting people utterly shocked to know I'm pregnant even though I'm about half way there and feel like a blimp! I think it is easier to get those reactions when you're small to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, yes, all of this is true! It's really funny when people give you the glances or do a double take as if to say, "Are you pregnant?"

    ReplyDelete