The day after Matt's b-day- Dec 21st, we had a holiday party. It started out with a get together between some college friends. My 3 best friends live all over the place and this day worked for everyone. Erin also planned her wedding specifics so we were going to talk about that. Then I found out that a fourth best friend was going to be free, and somebody's sister, and my brother. I also invited 2 girls from work. We ended up with 14-15 people when people brought spouses/boyfriends, etc. It was my first time really buying decorations and going all out on food.

Heather and I: T-town Reps

Marc and Matt
The day before Christmas Eve, so Christmas Eve Eve, we attended our new niece's baptism in Ann Arbor. Matt is now a proud godfather to Keira. I had never attended a Catholic baptism so it was interesting.

On Christmas Eve, we stayed in Ann Arbor and hung out with the Hersteins. These two days I had some very good food. We had Argerios after the baptism. Sushi at a great Japanese restaurant (Yatsuba?) and then Indian food from Shalimar for dinner. Ann Arbor always has great ethnic food.
For Christmas, we hung out with my parents and Ashwin. My mom made a really good brunch and we saw National Treasure 2. It was ok, the first one was much better. Although there was a Disney Animated Short before the movie that was SO GOOD. It was one of Goofy's how to clips; this one was how to install a home theater system. It's hilarious because it spoofs how it's supposed to be easy to install, but is in fact complicated and has too many parts. There is even some smack on Best Buy!
Some great presents- we got a WII, which has been occupying some (ok more than some) of our time. I got a beautiful necklace from the Hersteins. Matt bought me some red faux snakeskin heels- LOVE them. My parents got us an HD DVD (HDMI ready) player to go with our flat screen HD TV!
Now that I have a non-teaching schedule, I've only had 2 days off total. I think after going through this year with pretty much no days off, I am going to take more days off next year when I accumulate more vacation time! I deserve it!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a safe and Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment