Sunday, June 22, 2008

Landscaping

My family decided on Scottsdale, Arizona for some R&R in September. I bought my ticket yesterday and am very excited to have a few days just sitting by the pool and having spa treatments! It will be my parents, my sister and I. Unfortunately Matt won't be able to come. :( He is saving up his vacation days for our Japan trip in November!

Here are some before/after pics of the landscaping done to our front yard:




We kept most of what we had and had it trimmed. We clipped the red bushes so they are green now, but after a little sun/water they will be red again. We took out the red bushes that were closest to the steps and planted white bellflowers instead. They haven't bloomed yet, but I'm excited to see how beautiful they will be later. I handpicked the bellflowers after seeing a bunch of perennials in a magazine. Once I see something that I love, I don't go looking any further. We also replaced the tree on the left with a white dwarf crabapple. Finally, we put in cedar mulch. I have never been a plant person so I'm hoping that I can maintain the landscaping with my expert watering and trimming skills!

Lastly, we switched to Wow Cable and internet. We decided that Comcast wasn't going to get the Big Ten Network anytime soon. We were debating between ATT Uverse and Wow and Wow had the better deal, at least in our area. I have never had a pleasant experience with Comcast, and when I talked to Wow's customer service, I was impressed with how the person not only had a brain, but was easy to talk to! We'll see how the service is when we get it installed on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment