Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring is here...I think

Why is it so cold on the first day of spring? I was talking to an Athens science teacher and she believes that the weather patterns shifted this past year so winter started later. I do remember nothing happening in November/December and then everyone having major snow storms in January/February. Who knows? Maybe it's always like that and we just never remember. Although, it's supposed to be nicer, at least here in Michigan, starting tomorrow!
St. Patty's was fun, but uneventful. I hung out with friends, but we ended up staying in because the lines to places were too long by the time we were ready to go out. Even for dinner, we ended up at Kai Garden, obviously a Chinese place, because the bars had 2 hour waits. We usually go to Charley's at some point, but that's been closed for a while. And Ashwin sent me this link today on how it was bought out and will reopen in April. The day after St. Pat's, I attended my cousin-in-law's baby shower.
Tomorrow, Matt and I are putting an offer on a house. The last house we put an offer on didn't work out because the sellers weren't willing to come down (which personally was silly on their parts, given our horrible market and that their house is STILL on the market with no offers). But it was for the best, because the house we like now is in Royal Oak. Royal Oak was my #1 city for a house because it has a ton of starter homes and a larger population of young professsionals like Matt and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment