Matt and I met up for lunch and a movie. As I was waiting for Matt in the parking lot, I realized that I had locked my keys in the car. So I called AAA and Saturn Roadside Assistance, and we ended up eating at some Thai place just because I could see my car through the window. Of course, both services came around the same time (I called both just so I could go with the service car that came first, they're both free anyways). They both gave each other the eye, but I think they got over it since they both get paid to come save me.
After eating, we saw the movie "March of the Penguins." To put it bluntly, the life of an emperor penguin in Antartica sucks. They walk, well more like waddle, 70 miles to mate, starve themselves and just stand there in 80 below 0 temps (and that's not wind chill, there's still 100mph winds) to watch the eggs, some die on the way back, and even when they get back there are predators like sea lions. The movie was pretty good since it realistically caught the harsh life of the penguins, and Morgan Freeman is always a good narrator.
We also got to see the preview for the next Harry Potter movie coming out in November!
No comments:
Post a Comment