Sunday, August 14, 2005

Baby Shower

I went to a family friend's daughter's baby shower yesterday. I have never been to one. It was at the daughter's clubhouse in her apt. complex. We mingled for a bit and I thought one story I heard was pretty funny. Apparently, when the couple was looking for an obstetrician, they found one who had gone to UM, but later became a State supporter. On the ride home, the husband, who is a die hard Michigan fan, said that he didn't like the guy and that they were switching doctors, haha. Too funny.
Then we had some really yummy middle eastern food. Hummus, baba ganoush, meat pies, falafel, middle eastern salad, and pita bread are soooo good; it's probably one of my favorite types of food, along with the other 50,000 types I like. The girl's cousin hosted the party and she made us practice our ooh's and aah's before the presents were opened. I had no idea what some of the gifts were. What ever happened to giving mothers-to-be bottles, rattles and bibs? There were all of these teetering mechanisms and nursing pillows. Anyway, it was good to see old family friends and to go to my first baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment