Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bradley's firsts

Brad has been babbling for months, but I can now make out specific words. His best word, and first that I officially would count a word besides dada and mama, is duck. He gets excited when he sees ducks, swans, geese or anything that resembles a duck. His favorite game is to repeat words that I point out in his books and on his B. squishy blocks. We do this for a LONG time. He is pretty good at turtle, and of course mommy and daddy (mama and dada). He is getting better at Sean but still says "ja".
Yesterday, Bradley started "school". I was pretty nervous, but handled it better than the first day Sean went to school. Bradley goes to an in-home daycare center. It was highly recommended and the owner has been doing this for over 30 years. She teaches everything from cooking, history, and art to potty training! And the best thing is that Brad can play with other kids his age. He will only go one day a week until next year. I was going to wait a few more months but my babysitter who I have used since Sean was 1, took a new job and I couldn't get anything done between Brads naps and driving Sean to and from preschool!
Bradley cried on drop off and pick up but apparently was fine in between. He will hopefully be more adjusted as the weeks go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment