It was amazing watching the ultrasound footage. Our technician had to take measurements and she was finding body parts I couldn't even see. She really does have a trained eye. She found the diaphragm, the four chambers of the heart, and the upper lip (to check for cleft palate) to name a few. She even told us that there was fluid in the stomach, which means that the kidneys are functioning and baby is able to swallow. How neat! I easily identified the head and spine and the occasional foot or hand that would pop up. Our baby was moving the whole time! Ever since a few days ago, I have felt the baby move a lot. I'll watch TV or read, and the movements are a bit distracting, in a good way. Luckily, it still feels like little pokes. I can't imagine how it feels later when the baby can pack quite a punch.

Here is our beautiful boy's profile. He had his hands near his face the whole time and at one point he was moving the umbilical cord! I'm glad he is enjoying his time because we are only halfway there!
Eeeek!!! What a cute little fetus =)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Although I may be a little biased, I believe he is the cutest baby I have ever seen!
ReplyDelete