Thanksgiving came and went. I really loved being able to relax up north. I'm getting ahead of myself though. The day before Tgiving, we had dinner with my family. My dad had come from India the day before. We had some yummy Chinese and hung out. It was nice having a shortened workweek. I haven't had that yet since starting in July.
Going up north with the Hersteins was relaxing. Having absolutely nothing to do was a great feeling. We watched movies, played games, and shopped. There weren't a lot of stores to choose from but I am not a real big Black Friday shopper. I did find the cutest slippers at Old Navy and some warm pajamas, both great, cheap finds. Kohls' line was unbelievable, even in Gaylord. The line wrapped around the whole store. We watched Enchanted, a very cheesy but very cute movie. I liked Amy Adams in Drop Dead Gorgeous and Catch me if you Can but she's still a small name, which was perfect for the part. I was not on my phone or the internet, sooo nice!
On Saturday we met up with friends in Pontiac for dinner. Because Matt and I had gone straight from Gaylord to Pontiac- a 3 1/2 hour drive we pretty much just left the restaurant and went to bed.
Sunday I got a lot of online shopping done. We only have about 4-5 people left to shop for. I need to start writing x-mas cards though!
Work was sluggish today. It's hard to go back to the routine after a long weekend. Here's hoping tomorrow is more productive!
No comments:
Post a Comment