On Monday night, Matt and I received our new dining set! As I was opening one of the boxes with a knife, the box gave way and the knife ended up in my leg. That's right in my INNER THIGH, a few inches above the knee. It cut through my jeans and it hurt really bad. Matt ran to get ice and I rolled up my jeans and the cut was deep. The knife went through my skin and all I could see was darkness in the wound. Sometimes I don't know my own strength!
Well we called Sujith, since he's a doctor and we needed immediate attention. He told us how to wash the wound out. My parents came over and took me to urgent care. The center denied me because they didn't take my insurance; what devils. Luckily the bleeding had stopped by then and I wasn't in pain at that point. So then we went to the other side of town. About two hours after the knife incident, I finally saw a doctor and received stitches. I also had to get a tetanus shot.
I'm okay now, but I've never needed stitches before, and getting injured a few weeks before my wedding makes me an unhappy camper. I am staying away from sharp objects, and keeping myself in a bubble until next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment